0
0

Sections

Excerpt

Francis et al. (1990) noted in their study that 56% of delirious patients had a single definite or probable etiology and that the remaining 44% had an average of 2.8 etiologies per patient. The gold standard for diagnosis of delirium is the neuropsychiatric clinical assessment. Sources of information for diagnosis of delirium include input from nursing staff and family members before seeing the patient. The chart and accompanying records offer information on history of delirium, current disorders, medication, sleep, and behavior (e.g., nursing notes).

Your session has timed out. Please sign back in to continue.
Sign In Your Session has timed out. Please sign back in to continue.
Sign In to Access Full Content
 
Username
Password
Sign in via Athens (What is this?)
Athens is a service for single sign-on which enables access to all of an institution's subscriptions on- or off-site.
Not a subscriber?

Subscribe Now/Learn More

PsychiatryOnline subscription options offer access to the DSM-5 library, books, journals, CME, and patient resources. This all-in-one virtual library provides psychiatrists and mental health professionals with key resources for diagnosis, treatment, research, and professional development.

Need more help? PsychiatryOnline Customer Service may be reached by emailing PsychiatryOnline@psych.org or by calling 800-368-5777 (in the U.S.) or 703-907-7322 (outside the U.S.).

Figure 10–1. Comparison of electroencephalogram, constructional apraxia testing, and mental status findings in delirium.Source. Reprinted from Wise MG: "Delirium," in The American Psychiatric Press Textbook of Neuropsychiatry. Edited by Hales RE, Yudofsky SC. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Press, 1987, pp. 89–105. Copyright 1987, American Psychiatric Press. Used with permission.
Table Reference Number
Table 10–2. Clinical features of delirium
Table Reference Number
Table 10–3. Assessment of the (potentially) delirious patient

References

NOTE:
Citing articles are presented as examples only. In non-demo SCM6 implementation, integration with CrossRef’s "Cited By" API will populate this tab (http://www.crossref.org/citedby.html).
Related Content
Articles
Books
The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Geriatric Psychiatry, 4th Edition > Chapter 25.  >
The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Geriatric Psychiatry, 4th Edition > Chapter 31.  >
Psychiatric News
 
  • Print
  • PDF
  • E-mail
  • Chapter Alerts
  • Get Citation